Your cart is currently empty!
Our Premium Grade Matcha is a high quality Matcha from the most carefully cultivated buds and leaves. Best for Matcha Lattes! Flavor and texture: vegetal, sweet, rich, creamy, wheatgrass, slightly astringent, full-bodied, and frothy.
[ ✓ ] Organically grown
[ ✓ ] Antioxidants
[ ✓ ] Vegan
[ ✓ ] Zero calories
[ ✓ ] Non-GMO
[ ✓ ] Medium caffeine
2 gram = 1 cup
20 Total Servings
Responsibly-Sourced and Hand Picked with Great Skill In Japan.
Matcha Premium Grade, also known as Matcha Grade B, is made from tea leaves harvested during the second flush after the initial Spring harvest. While it may not reach the level of the esteemed Ceremonial Grade, it remains a high-quality Matcha option. This grade of Matcha exhibits a slightly lighter color compared to Ceremonial Matcha, as it contains less chlorophyll, which gives leaves their green pigment. In terms of flavor, Matcha Premium Grade offers a stronger, less delicate taste profile, with a hint of bitterness. Explore our collection of Matcha grade B to experience its unique characteristics.
Matcha is prepared differently from a typical brewed tea and is very easy to make if you have the right tools.
Step 1: Bring 100 mg (about 1/3 cup) of filtered or spring water to a boil. Remove from heat and let cool for 2 to 3 minutes.
Step 2: Place 1/2 teaspoon of matcha powder in a small bowl. Add a splash of the hot water and mix with a bamboo whisk to form a smooth paste.
Step 3: Add the remaining water to the bowl and stir with the bamboo whisk, flicking the whisk back and forth, until matcha is incorporated and you get a thin frothy foam on top.
Step 4: Sip, savor, and enjoy.
- If you don’t have a bamboo whisk, use a spoon or small wire whisk—you just won’t get much of the frothy texture traditionally prepared matcha is known for.
- Don’t be tempted to pour boiling water over matcha; you will scorch the ground tea powder and it will become bitter and astringent.
- Use 1/4 cup water for a thicker matcha or 1/2 cup water for a thinner version.
- Replace water with your favorite milk (regular, coconut, almond, soy) for a latte.
- Pour the just-prepared matcha over a glass full of ice for an iced tea version.